Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I bought a set of RE Gen II Sway Bar Disc's, in the installation inst's it said to mount the pin for the SB link up next to the shock tower. While I was checking fit, before drilling any holes I realized that in order to get the link up to this location you have to let the sway bar drop and wrestle it around to get it in position. Not a good design.
So I relocated the pin to the frame just ahead of the sway bar in a slot that already exists. It much easier to attach the link there because you just rotate it forward and clip it on.

BTW, after installing the new Links the Jeep has more road feel transmitted up to the steering wheel. I think its because the upper portion of the link has no rubber bushing. The extra feeling is not bothersome at all and the front end actually feels tighter because of it.
These were worth their money in my opinion.
View attachment 1970

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
thanks for the headsup - When I get my swaybar back on(yep took it off) I'll be attaching the Disco's.

Thanks! :D

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Great info thanks.... I have the old style, although they are always disco'd as for what ever reason it drivers better that way.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
i always thought that you would mount them too the frame anyway. i think thats what JKS says to do.

the RE gen II discos are great.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Happy 4th everybody!!!!! I was planning on mounting mine in the same place so I could go wheeling this week and try them out, but how did you get/tighten the nuts down? I was looking and there is no place to insert an open wrench? Any ideas would be great!!!

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
r u talking about the bottom pin? if so then put a small screwdriver through the small hole to hold it while u tighten it

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here are dwgs of what I did.
I had to grind a edge of the bolt and washer to get it through the slot. I then put a pry bar against the washers with as much pressure as I could to not allow the bolt to spin. I then used channel-locks with a rag stuffed in the jaw to minimize damage to plating on the RE Pin and tightened the piss out of it. I used lock-tite supplied in the kit to prevent it from backing off.
I hope this helps.
Rob

View attachment 1975
View attachment 1976

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, it worked earlier. Its a BMP..........I dunno?

·
Registered
46 Posts
thanks.... what size washers did you use that you were able to fit through the hole?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts