Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just wanted to update this thread and say thanks Wentbig. I was able to fix the tie rod bar this weekend and it is solid now. You saved me some money there so thanks a bunch.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I just wanted to update this thread and say thanks Wentbig. I was able to fix the tie rod bar this weekend and it is solid now. You saved me some money there so thanks a bunch.
Great news! keep an eye on it for sure as it rebuilds trust...

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I can see the problem. The lock nut should be moved all the way over to the rod end side this will stop the threaded end wobble. The clamp side does not need the lock nut because you have the clamp. Make sure the clamp bolt is aleast grade 8 or 10. Use a breaker bar and go bubba tight, you will not break the bolt.
This is all caused by poor directions included in our parts. I had the same issue with Synergy but called and told them how to rewrite the instructions.
There is nothing wrong with your parts. Make sure your steering wheel is centered before getting medieval with that clamp.
Good catch.
Very scary situation right there.
Inexperienced individuals working on steering components, with bad instructions.
Puts him and his family at risk, as well as anyone else on the road.
Very dangerous.

I will keep the rest of my thoughts too myself .
Again, great catch !!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I am just going to run this temporarily until life goes back to normal around here and keep an eye on it. I still do not feel confident in this bar unfortunately.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts