Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to buy my first Jeep. Trying to decide between an 84 cj7 that needs a little work and an 88 yj with a new motor. I have to sell my Dodge 2500 4x4 first, but if anyone has an opinion, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.:punk:

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
probably more details will help.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
You seem to be talking out loud with no true question lol! This forum can help you make an informed decision but, just like 6inarow said, give more details! I've owned a couple of CJ's, a YJ, and now a TJ. There are a lot of differences and things to consider before dropping cash on it. To be honest, I would buy a YJ with the 4.0l fuel injected motor before I'd get one with the 4.2l carburated one. For what I just sold my YJ for, I could have bought a stock TJ. (I ended up spending a lot more to get the TJ I wanted). IMHO, the TJ is a lot better than the YJ or CJ (and I loved my CJ's!).

Give us more info on what you are wanting! Saying "that needs a little work" doesn't mean anything as every jeep I've come across always "needs a little work" lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree the lj does not get enough love.... It was only made for 3years and will certainly be more and more wanted as the years pass... There are not as many of them and will certainly hold their value... Not to mention the Dana 44 read axle.. It is ready to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts