Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
Hi guys,

Planning to use ReadyLift 49-6293 2.5” kit on my Wrangler. It is quite expensive, would you say it’s an overkil. Ready Lift 49-6293 Max Flex Short Arm 2.5in Lift Kit w/HD Front Track Bar | eBay

Anything else out there recommended instead?

How about 49-6211 with Fox Shocks? https://www.extremeterrain.com/readylift-25-8-arm-tb-jk-49-6211.html

ReadyLift is not popular here, primarily because of the price. Their kit runs nearly the price of other MFG's long arm kits and more than the others mid-arm kits.

For example, a Metalcloak Game Changer Rocksport edition is $2400.

JK Wrangler Game-Changer Suspension, 2.5"/3.5",RockSport Edition Suspension System

That is an ultra premium lift kit...

Or a C/T3 from Teraflex with Falcon reservoir shocks and their speed bumps bump stops lists for $3279 and can be bought for less from a forum vendor.

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/5926177256d70ed493a19977

I'm not knocking the ReadyLift, because I've never ridden on one. But with Jeeps, if it was THAT good, we'd have heard about it...

How do you use our Jeep? Mostly DD, rock climbing, fast desert running? What size tires?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for your reply. It's going to be a daily driver and a bit of trails, nothing crazy, hence not going more than 2.5" or 3". Planning to have 35" wheels.

I got a very good discount on the ReadyLift, can get it for just under $3k so I was considering it. I'll have a look at the links provided, I know TeraFlex brand has a good reputation.

Any recommended vendors that can help?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the Readylift on my JKU and paired it with Teraflex 3.3 Falcons and love everything about it.
I've not had any issues with the lift or shocks an I've wheeled on green, blue, black and red trails.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is the lift I have: https://www.readylift.com/4-super-flex-short-arm-lift-kit-jeep-jk-wrangler-w-hd-front-track-bar-w-sst3000-shocks-2007-2017.html The shocks that came with it were ok, they gave a great ride on the road, but when we went off-road. It felt like we were in a pinball machine. So we upgraded to the Falcons 3.3. They give a great ride on the road, and with a quick turn of the adjuster knobs you set up for off-roading.
HoundsJKU, can you explain "felt like we were in a pin ball machine when off road but nice on the road" Trying to get a feel for what good shocks do while off road. I'll assume like a good set of Ohlins motorcycle shocks on a GS that good shocks reduce harsh impact on pot holes, but what are the dynamics going on at slow speed on rocky trails? Anyone else please chime in. Just trying to wrap my head around Jeep suspension issues and solutions compared to ADV bikes which is what I do for a hobby. I am big into bike suspension but with four wheels I think the dynamics are totally different. Thanks!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
The best I can say is the LSC was to harsh so It was a feeling of bouncing around on the trail instead of going over the bumps. Instead of soaking them up felt like we just bounced off them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ok got it. Starting to make some sense of things and just watched some good video's on Terraflex site. That guy is a real character, and obviously passionate about what he does. Makes me want to look harder at their stuff. Falcon shocks look amazing. Mild lift, etc... Nice knowing you are buying stuff from real enthusiasts, not just bean counters. Also looking at JRi shocks. Any input welcome.

·
Registered
120 Posts
JRI shocks are great we carry them as well as Teraflex. Let us know if you need any thing.
What's good about JRi shocks? How do they compare to Falcon or King? Looks like you probably know all about these. I could not find any youtube videos or reviews on JRi other than some shops that install them. No real user review videos. They are sort of flying under the radar for some reason. No real web, video, or forum presence. They seem like great shocks though. Wanting to learn more about them. Application 2 dr 17 rubi.

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
What's good about JRi shocks? How do they compare to Falcon or King? Looks like you probably know all about these. I could not find any youtube videos or reviews on JRi other than some shops that install them. No real user review videos. They are sort of flying under the radar for some reason. No real web, video, or forum presence. They seem like great shocks though. Wanting to learn more about them. Application 2 dr 17 rubi.
There are a few brands like that. Like ADS and Walker Evans and even Swayaway... All premium shocks and big $$$. However, I think maybe JRi and King are the only ones in that ultra premium category that have a stock length offering.

You said 2dr Rubi, any lift?

·
Registered
120 Posts
There are a few brands like that. Like ADS and Walker Evans and even Swayaway... All premium shocks and big $$$. However, I think maybe JRi and King are the only ones in that ultra premium category that have a stock length offering.

You said 2dr Rubi, any lift?
All stock. No strong desire to lift. Maybe leveling kit?

So Pressurized: Question 1: you would rank JRi in "super premium" category with King?
If you think they are that good I do value your opinion and have read a fair amount of your posts and you know what you are talking about.
Question 2: do you think these would require additional components or just bolt them on? You mentioned to a guy that had purchased King Shocks that he should add various components like bump stops and brackets or something. Appreciate your input. THANKS
Lastly I can get a good deal on a new set for under 1k. ($900 and change). They were originally 1.7k so it puts them in an affordable range for me. On the other hand if 2.0 non reservoir Fox shocks are all I need for a smoother ride they are only $400 and change when on sale. I just want to smooth out the pot holes and road dips at 50mph on back top on a stock 2 dr rubi with no weight added. Rocky Hunting roads on the weekends at very slow speeds.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,523 Posts
All stock. No strong desire to lift. Maybe leveling kit?

So Pressurized: Question 1: you would rank JRi in "super premium" category with King?
If you think they are that good I do value your opinion and have read a fair amount of your posts and you know what you are talking about.
Question 2: do you think these would require additional components or just bolt them on? You mentioned to a guy that had purchased King Shocks that he should add various components like bump stops and brackets or something. Appreciate your input. THANKS
Lastly I can get a good deal on a new set for under 1k. ($900 and change). They were originally 1.7k so it puts them in an affordable range for me. On the other hand if 2.0 non reservoir Fox shocks are all I need for a smoother ride they are only $400 and change when on sale. I just want to smooth out the pot holes and road dips at 50mph on back top on a stock 2 dr rubi with no weight added. Rocky Hunting roads on the weekends at very slow speeds.
Thank you for the.kind words. The JRi is a premium shock for sure. But my experience with them is just wheeling with a Jeep that had them. It's tough to give a full analysis without some seat time on them. They are an adjustable reservoir shock which I like.

There aren't many premium shocks in a stockish length. I would contact JRi and confirm their collapsed and extended lengths before ordering.

On the other thread with the Kings, as I recall they installed the shocks for a 2.5 lift on stock springs... That's not a good set up.

If you can swing the JRi, I would absolutely take those over the Fox.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thank you for the.kind words. The JRi is a premium shock for sure. But my experience with them is just wheeling with a Jeep that had them. It's tough to give a full analysis without some seat time on them. They are an adjustable reservoir shock which I like.

There aren't many premium shocks in a stockish length. I would contact JRi and confirm their collapsed and extended lengths before ordering.

On the other thread with the Kings, as I recall they installed the shocks for a 2.5 lift on stock springs... That's not a good set up.

If you can swing the JRi, I would absolutely take those over the Fox.
Ok great and thanks for the feedback. I will ask for collapsed and extended lengths and run those by you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts