Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This kit was recommended by a local truck shop as a good starter lift. Part # 696000. It is all bracketry & spacers & uses all the OEM springs & shocks & claims to retain the factory ride. It gives 3 inches in the front & 2 inches in the rear & is reasonable in cost compared to other kits that include springs & shocks so it seems like a good choice being my truck is brand new. Has anybody had any experience with this kit ?

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
This kit was recommended by a local truck shop as a good starter lift. Part # 696000. It is all bracketry & spacers & uses all the OEM springs & shocks & claims to retain the factory ride. It gives 3 inches in the front & 2 inches in the rear & is reasonable in cost compared to other kits that include springs & shocks so it seems like a good choice being my truck is brand new. Has anybody had any experience with this kit ?
I've never heard of that brand. That being said, if it is just a set of spacers you can't really go wrong. I would assume that you'll have sway bar links as well, but you can't mess those up really.

3" Coil spacers are really tall. I like the idea of getting rid of the rake with different size spacer front and rear, but 3" is a lot. If you want that much lift and to be level, I would look into a 2.5" Lift Kit that includes coils. Or if you're just looking to level the Jeep and fit 35's or smaller go with the Teraflex Leveling Kit and call it a day.

Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I am not too keen on the Ready Lift, mostly cause I do not know much about it. Any budget boost does the same thing the Ready Lift is claiming. I am assuming the shop you went to does mostly pickup trucks and not Jeeps. Ready Lift is popular in the truck community but new to the JK game.

If looking at budget boosts, look at the Rough Country. I don't think you can get much inexpensive than that. 2.5in Series II Suspension Lift Kit for 07-14 Jeep JK Wrangler | Rough Country Suspension Systems

You will save money with this kit and it will accomplish the same thing.

-Dan

·
Registered
405 Posts
500 bucks for a spacer kit? no thank you, you can get a spring lift for that amount. let me guess they said they could get it at cost and install it in about 4 hours?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never heard of that brand. That being said, if it is just a set of spacers you can't really go wrong. I would assume that you'll have sway bar links as well, but you can't mess those up really.

3" Coil spacers are really tall. I like the idea of getting rid of the rake with different size spacer front and rear, but 3" is a lot. If you want that much lift and to be level, I would look into a 2.5" Lift Kit that includes coils. Or if you're just looking to level the Jeep and fit 35's or smaller go with the Teraflex Leveling Kit and call it a day.

Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan
Looks like its similar to the terra flex , that might work too.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
500 bucks for a spacer kit? no thank you, you can get a spring lift for that amount. let me guess they said they could get it at cost and install it in about 4 hours?
I was looking at spring lifts but the one I want is out of my budget right now & I wouldn't want to get a cheap one. I'm thinking a really good spacer kit might be better than an inexpensive spring lift

·
Registered
574 Posts
No, dont get that kit. 3 reasons, rear trackbar frame drop bracket, cam bolts and a 3" increase in the front over stock is not 'mild' at all.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I was looking at spring lifts but the one I want is out of my budget right now & I wouldn't want to get a cheap one. I'm thinking a really good spacer kit might be better than an inexpensive spring lift
there is no such thing as a really good spacer lift, all you get is 4 chunks of plastic and maybe some brackets.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
As stated above, an effective lift of 3" in the front is not a mild lift an will impact your suspension and steering geometry and the loading on the joints and driveline. The fact that the kit includes cam bolts for Caster angle correction is dead give away that it is not a mild lift. Stay away from cam bolts.

The truck shop is obviously trying to sell what they have an inventory or make more margin. There are plenty of good 2.0" spacer lifts and even some 2.5" products that put you on the edge of a mild lift.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pros - 0
Cons -7
Looks like your experience has answered my question.
Thanks to all who offered feedback
I value your opinion & will definitely be choosing a decent spring lift soon
Looks like I'll be parting out my new Rubi shocks & springs soon, & tires shortly after

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am not too keen on the Ready Lift, mostly cause I do not know much about it. Any budget boost does the same thing the Ready Lift is claiming. I am assuming the shop you went to does mostly pickup trucks and not Jeeps. Ready Lift is popular in the truck community but new to the JK game. If looking at budget boosts, look at the Rough Country. I don't think you can get much inexpensive than that. 2.5in Series II Suspension Lift Kit for 07-14 Jeep JK Wrangler | Rough Country Suspension Systems You will save money with this kit and it will accomplish the same thing. -Dan
Yep. Better idea for what your wanting right here!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts