Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had to run into the Orange box store today. As i'm pulling in i see a lifted jku on 33's so naturally i park next to it. Today i'm running door/windowless, even though it's rainy. On my way out i see the guy in the JKU packing his jeep up, he looks at me, then my YJ and says, "now that's a real jeep, this thing is just a grocery getter". I did a little smirt and agreed. lol. see even the jk guys know. lol

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If its just as capable as a lifted YJ with 33"s, what makes it any less of a jeep? I think the guy with the JKU was just less of a man.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I don't know about that , I think your jeep is probably a grocery getter . Besides real Jeeps don't have square headlights , do they ? LOL !

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
When I got the YJ the CJ's were real Jeeps. When I got the TJ the CJ's and YJ's were the real Jeeps. When I got the JK the CJ's, YJ's and TJ's were the real Jeeps. I guess I'll have to wait until 2016 to have another real Jeep. :rofl:

·
Registered
332 Posts
When I got the YJ the CJ's were real Jeeps. When I got the TJ the CJ's and YJ's were the real Jeeps. When I got the JK the CJ's, YJ's and TJ's were the real Jeeps. I guess I'll have to wait until 2016 to have another real Jeep. :rofl:
They're all Jeeps and that's what counts!!

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
if cleaning the interior is not mainly washing it out with a water hose , it's not a real jeep..I would rather put 10,000 into building a super badass,willys,cj or yj than spend 3 times that much on a new electronic nightmare stationwagon

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Amen Harley. Drove the YJ home from work last night. Got caught in a rain storm about 5 miles from the house. No top or doors. LOVED IT! Knew there was nothing inside that was going to short out or mildew. Matter of fact I think it actually washed off some of the mud inside the tub I missed. :)
hell yeah...

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
They are ALL only a Jeep if you use it like its design was intended for.

·
Registered
118 Posts
In my opinion:

2 doors = real jeep
4 doors = SUV

A capable SUV. But still an SUV.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.