Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My top has been leaking slightly for a few years now. It's always at the front corner of the door jams where the soft top meets the windshield. Until now it was only an occasional drip that would leave a little water on the door. Today though, well, today I had two inches of water in my passenger side floorboard, my passenger seat resembled a large dish sponge, and I had water spray all the way over to the center console and steering wheel, even had about a half inch of water in my cupholders.

The seat is bad enough to where there's a chance that I'll have to take it out and dry it or risk having mold heaven sprout up, and the carpet in the floor won't dry for weeks unless I take it out too.

I could handle the little leak, but this is ridiculous.

Here's the pictures of how my soft top seals to my windshield and of the door seal where it leaks.

Also, what are some good waterproof seat covers? I'm buying some tonight and don't know which ones to get.

·
Registered
372 Posts
What year top do you have? The older style tops from 07-08 had a terrible issue with this. The newer tops have pretty much fixed this issue. My buddy just put a '12 top on his 07 and it stopped all leaks and wind whistles.

There are a ton of high quality waterproof seat covers out there. Trek armor, okole, cover craft... If you google waterproof seat covers, you will find a ton of them. Or search on the forum and you will find plenty of reviews.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I just started a thread with this same problem, i guess i should have looked before posting oops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts