Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My Mopar beadlock wheels will be shipping soon so I ordered my tires today. I went to tirerack.com and examined the reviews, and in most areas reviewed, the K02s outperformed the Duratracs. The sample size was sufficiently large that I thought the K02s were the better purchase. The only unsettling aspect of this is that the Duratracs are rated very highly on this forum.

Regardless... it is a done deal. Five 35x12.50x17 KO2s are on their way and my five Mopar beadlock wheels should be on their way in a week or so. I will upload some pictures of my Hard Rock once I get the new wheels and tires installed.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
There are a lot of people that will argue one is better. I've seen people who have had both say the Dura's were better and others say the KO2's were better. Personally I like the tread pattern on the Dura's better but if I had it to do over again is probably get the KO2's for the stronger sidewall.

Either can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
349 Posts
You can't go wrong with either. I'm running my third set of Duratracs on multiple vehicles, but I'm looking to go up to a 37 so I'll be going over to K02s then. There are a lot of good tires to choose from these days unlike 20 years ago!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I racked my brain for months over tires and was set on Duratracs when I walked into Discount Tire. They had KO2's on display and I flipped my decision right there. I agree you probably can't go wrong with either but I'm very happy with my choice.

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
I racked my brain for months over tires and was set on Duratracs when I walked into Discount Tire. They had KO2's on display and I flipped my decision right there. I agree you probably can't go wrong with either but I'm very happy with my choice.
Like the avatar.

One of my favorite movies of all time :D

·
Registered
197 Posts
I won't argue which one is better, but I will say I've run both and prefer the K02. I also have the 35x12.5R17 and am very happy with them.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Both are good tires. I buy the BFGs because we have a BFG retailer here but I'd have to drive 60miles to find a Goodyear retailer.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I wanted the Dura's as well, but went BFG for the stronger sidewayll. We have lots of rocks here, so needed the extra ply.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Your right on the sidewall cut mine on a garden light! ....don't ask .... A bit of a piss off when they were two months old. Only other thing is they seem hard to balance.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Both are great rubbers, I like the Duratrac looks better but I like the KO2 price even more

·
Registered
190 Posts
My Duratracs were 34.4" before mounting and about 33.5" after mounting... Anyone have measurements on the 35" KO2's?

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
My Duratracs were 34.4" before mounting and about 33.5" after mounting... Anyone have measurements on the 35" KO2's?
I've read they run small, the 35's are like 33.25" and the 37's come in at 35.5".

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would expect that difference, but I'd be interested in seeing a picture of 35" KO2's next to 315 duratracs

·
Registered
535 Posts
think you went the right way..I too am getting ko2's....I have heard some say dura's are great but LOTS of people say the sidewalls are flat scary weak. I also read somewhere that they weren't really designed for our application but more for fleet trucks...idk but I have seen enough to make me never buy a set. Also the only tire issue I've seen offroad was a guy with duratracs on his jk had sidewall failure from a stick. Seriously the size of my pinky

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the dura tracs on my wrangler and have the ko2s on my titan both amazing tires. I say it comes down to which one you can get cheaper and which one you like the looks of more.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts