Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im on my 3rd rear u joint in 5000 miles, :banghead: and I bought reaR UPPER rustys adj control arms , how long do they have to be.:confused:? my lift is a 4in skyjacker springs s.y.e, tom woods ds and the rest of the control arms r rustys offroad adj's I don't really have bad vibes on the high way , I do notice the shifter moves a little but don't feel any thing in the seat or wheel .

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,424 Posts
Do you have a transfer case drop? This could be keeping the vibes down some.

When I did my SYE/CV driveshaft, I removed the stock UCAs and used a bottle jack to rotate the axle so that the pinion pointed directly at the transfer case, with no deflection at the rear most u-joint. Then I set the UCAs length to maintain that angle. I never really measured them, just set them for the proper pinion angle.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have a t/c drop and im trying to set the pinion angle thats y i bought adj. Control arms

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought my jeep in feb. Wit 62k. N now it has allmost 70 on it
The jeep already had the springs n s.y.e. and drive shaft wen i bought it . Im just trying to fix. The old owners mess up

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Asking what length the arms need to be is the wrong question. What is your pinion angle and what is the drive shaft angle? IE, what kind of difference is that axle-end u-joint seeing?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts