Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday night i decided to do te first burnout ive ever done in my jeep. Heard a crack and after i made a turn my whole axle started to shake and watever tires on the outside of the turn hops and makes a cracking noise. Has this happened to anyone?

·
Registered
323 Posts
First off... jeeps aren't ment for burnouts... and you probably broke something in the d35, ring and pinion? Possibly.... the d35 isn't very strong...

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Yep, now it's going to be open your wallet and pay for your deed.
You broke something in the diff.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I don't have an issue doing burnouts. The MTRs are loud too. :D

But seriously, I don't have a D35. You should hope you only broke a shaft and didn't do anything to the gears.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
omg...wow...
didnt even wanna touch this one so just going to be quick and to the point

you broke something in the diff...plain and simple. Time for a rebuild or an upgraded axle. Going to run you around 1000 bucks to fix (plus or minus a couple hundred).

Pretty pricy burnout there...you know you drive a jeep, right?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't think any vehicle is "meant" to do a burn out. We do them because its fun as hell.

Obviously it's hard on the drivetrain, so you should be prepared to face the potential of something breaking. Sh!t happens. Worst case, scavenge a junk yard for replacement parts, best case, you got an excuse to make some aftermarket mods! :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts