Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a little confused by what the gear ratio for my 2012 JKU Sahara is. The build sheet and window sticker both say 3.21, but in the 2012 owners manual for Trailer Tow Weights i can't find my specific model. I have the trailer tow group also in my build sheet not max tow. Let me know your thoughts. Screen shots from owners manual attached. Where is my 3.21 JKU Automatic Sahara on these charts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Based on how I read the options list, if you ordered option AHQ (max tow) it does have the 3.73, but option AHT (tow group) does not have the 3.73. You can order the 3.73 (DME) in addition to AHT for $50. It also looks like you can order AHT on top of AHQ for $25 (looks like it gets you the sway damping). Very confusing.

1) AHQ MAX TOW PACKAGE
(Unlimited models only) - $320

Includes:
3.73 REAR AXLE RATIO (DME) (Unlimited Sport and Unlimited Sahara only)
CLASS II RECEIVER HITCH (XFN)
TRAILER TOW W/4-PIN CONNECTOR WIRING (XFU)

2) AHT TRAILER TOW GROUP (all models except Rubicon Unlimited) - $270 ( with AHQ $25)

Includes:
CLASS II RECEIVER HITCH (XFN) (Sport Unlimited, Sahara Unlimited)
CLASS V RECEIVER HITCH (XFR) (Sport, Sahara, Rubicon)
TRAILER SWAY DAMPING (BNT) (all models)
TRAILER TOW W/4-PIN CONNECTOR WIRING (XFU)

3) DME 3.73 REAR AXLE RATIO (Included with AHQ) $50

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that. I just don't understand where my specific model is on their towing weights chart. Or why it is not on the chart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I understand that. I just don't understand where my specific model is on their towing weights chart. Or why it is not on the chart.
Sorry, I misread your question. I believe there was some confusion early on in the ordering process where it wasn't clear if the 3.73 automatically came with the automatic tranny. In 2011, it appears that the 3.73 comes with the automatic. It looks like Jeep screwed up the manual and did not add the combo of auto and 3.21 for the 2012.

I guess you could look at specs for the manual 4-door with 3.21 and be within 50 pounds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts