Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After recently installing my lift on my 2015 2dr JK the rear axle appears to sit to the left. The rear lift consists of RK 1.5 coils, Teraflex 1/2 coil spacers, Fox 2.0 shocks and a Teraflex track bar relocation bracket. This netted about 2.5 - 3.0 inches of lift for the rear. This is the track bar bracket; | TeraFlex Suspensions - The track bar is mounted to the top hole on the Teraflex bracket. Should this be installed in the lower hole? When I searched this I found some less than clear threads and want to be sure this thing is setup right. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
After recently installing my lift on my 2015 2dr JK the rear axle appears to sit to the left. The rear lift consists of RK 1.5 coils, Teraflex 1/2 coil spacers, Fox 2.0 shocks and a Teraflex track bar relocation bracket. This netted about 2.5 - 3.0 inches of lift for the rear. This is the track bar bracket; | TeraFlex Suspensions - The track bar is mounted to the top hole on the Teraflex bracket. Should this be installed in the lower hole? When I searched this I found some less than clear threads and want to be sure this thing is setup right. Thanks.
As far as handling you're better off in the top hole.
As you noticed the axle will be slightly over corrected since the correction ( 5-6") is more than the actual (rear lift height of 2.5"-3")

The correct hole would be the middle hole using the 2-6 bracket. Personal preference and really depends if you can live with the shift.
Option 2 would be a adjustable track bar using the same upper hole.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
When a lift is installed the axles swing laterally on the track bar towards the side the track bar is mounted on the frame, so the front and rear are displaced towards opposite sides. You can correct it with an adjustable (longer) track bar.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the same issue with a 2.5" RE lift that included a rear track bar relocation bracket that's frame side rather than axle side. My rear axle is 1" over the the driver side. I remember having to rocking the chassis to the right to get the rear track bar bolt installed. So it seems like the RE relocation bracket positioned my track bar too far to the driver side and an adjustable (shorter than OEM) track bar might correct this. Also, I might remove the relocation bracket to see if this remedies the 1" shift. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
I have the same issue with a 2.5" RE lift that included a rear track bar relocation bracket that's frame side rather than axle side. My rear axle is 1" over the the driver side. I remember having to rocking the chassis to the right to get the rear track bar bolt installed. So it seems like the RE relocation bracket positioned my track bar too far to the driver side and an adjustable (shorter than OEM) track bar might correct this. Also, I might remove the relocation bracket to see if this remedies the 1" shift. Thoughts?
1 inch is not possible. How are you guys measuring – using the body flares as a reference point? The best way I found to measure, from the frame to a common point on each tire i.e. Mold line or tread groove.

For example a 2.5 lift without brackets will offset the axles max 1/2 (common 3/8) W/ a rear bracket that drops the TB 3" (2" rear lift height), You should only be seeing 1/8 maybe 3/16" offset (over correction) If the drop bracket moves the TB down 2" (matching rear lift height), The axle should be pretty damn close to center.

·
Registered
133 Posts
1 inch is not possible. How are you guys measuring – using the body flares as a reference point? The best way I found to measure, from the frame to a common point on each tire i.e. Mold line or tread groove.

For example a 2.5 lift without brackets will offset the axles max 1/2 (common 3/8) W/ a rear bracket that drops the TB 3" (2" rear lift height), You should only be seeing 1/8 maybe 3/16" offset (over correction) If the drop bracket moves the TB down 2" (matching rear lift height), The axle should be pretty damn close to center.
Ok, Ok...maybe not 1" exactly. However 7/8" of an inch is possible. I just rechecked at this very moment and I measured the same way you've described, common tire tread to frame. 1/8" to 3/16" is acceptable but 7/8" is definitely visible. I'm thinking of removing the RE TB bracket and using a TF adjustable TB OR removing the bracket and using the OEM TB to see if the 7/8" is reduced to an acceptable variance (less than 3/8") Unfortunately I'm out of time this wknd so we'll see if my theory works. TBD...

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Ok, Ok...maybe not 1" exactly. However 7/8" of an inch is possible. I just rechecked at this very moment and I measured the same way you've described, common tire tread to frame. 1/8" to 3/16" is acceptable but 7/8" is definitely visible. I'm thinking of removing the RE TB bracket and using a TF adjustable TB OR removing the bracket and using the OEM TB to see if the 7/8" is reduced to an acceptable variance (less than 3/8") Unfortunately I'm out of time this wknd so we'll see if my theory works. TBD...
How much does the frame bracket drop the TB, 2 or 3" ?
A axle side bracket will improve handling and provide 2 or 3 different mounting locations. Cheaper then a adjustable track bar and should fix you right up.

Another question .. Did you loosen all TB bolts and CA bolts during install and torque at the new ride height ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
How much does the frame bracket drop the TB, 2 or 3" ?
A axle side bracket will improve handling and provide 2 or 3 different mounting locations. Cheaper then a adjustable track bar and should fix you right up.

Another question .. Did you loosen all TB bolts and CA bolts during install and torque at the new ride height ?
The TB bracket looked like 3" down from the original location. I thought the RE kit came with an axle side TB bracket but was surprised to see the frame side version. I'd opt for an axle side bracket as long as the bracket does not utilize the LCA bolt like TF's version. My LCA bolts are already shortened due to the a set of Rough Country LCA skid plates and they probably don't have enough slack to accommodate the 1/4" thickness of a new TB bracket. I think RE's version does not bolt on to the LCA bolt.

As far as loosening TB and CA bolts, I removed and retorqued the TB bolts at right height. Same for the LCA bolts as well. Didn't touch the upper CA bolts. Do you think my upper CA bolts are binding and might be contributing to the high offset?

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
The TB bracket looked like 3" down from the original location. I thought the RE kit came with an axle side TB bracket but was surprised to see the frame side version. I'd opt for an axle side bracket as long as the bracket does not utilize the LCA bolt like TF's version. My LCA bolts are already shortened due to the a set of Rough Country LCA skid plates and they probably don't have enough slack to accommodate the 1/4" thickness of a new TB bracket. I think RE's version does not bolt on to the LCA bolt. As far as loosening TB and CA bolts, I removed and retorqued the TB bolts at right height. Same for the LCA bolts as well. Didn't touch the upper CA bolts. Do you think my upper CA bolts are binding and might be contributing to the high offset?
Prob not.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
Really interesting info. Was this frame side bracket in the kit with the Bilsteins? My experience with that kit was axle side bracket...

EDIT: Oh crap, that was a flex kit. :atomic: The error in my ways... That offsets the $$ difference.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
Haha ... Figured you'd notice that
Yea, see my edit. Changes my thinking a little.

But, lets get back to the issue. How can 1up5down be that far off?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the replies. the bracket that i am using is part number 1954776, it has two holes for mounting options. do you see any issues with it being offset to the driver side, as in causing any binding issues anywhere? i didn't measure it because it is less than an inch overall difference between both sides, as in less than 1/2 inch shifted over, but visible to me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Same ^^^ over here!, got the TF 2.5 kit. kit came with the TB bracket with only 2 holes, rear axle is shifted 3/4 towards the driver side. Tried both holes but no significant difference, axle has to be moved towards passenger side meaning TB has to be shorter. Planning on buying an adjustable TB.

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
thanks for the replies. the bracket that i am using is part number 1954776, it has two holes for mounting options. do you see any issues with it being offset to the driver side, as in causing any binding issues anywhere? i didn't measure it because it is less than an inch overall difference between both sides, as in less than 1/2 inch shifted over, but visible to me.
There isn't any problem at all with a small amount of shift. Frankly, the way a track bar suspension works, the axle moves towards the drivers side during suspension travel. It's only at ride height that we try to center for aesthetics. There are a number of lift kits that supply an adjustable track bar instead of a track bar bracket. Those actually cause more axle shift during suspension travel...

Did you try the bottom hole and see if it was closer? You might even try without the bracket and see how far off it is to the passenger side... Otherwise, fine tuning is best with an adjustable bar if you can't handle the small offset. I get it, I'm OCD that way...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Found the problem...definitely wrong TB bracket. I should have received the axle bracket, not the frame mount. I'll rectify with vendor.

Anyway, bjeepz sorry to pollute your thread. Hope you resolve your offset issue.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Found the problem...definitely wrong TB bracket. I should have received the axle bracket, not the frame mount. I'll rectify with vendor.

Anyway, bjeepz sorry to pollute your thread. Hope you resolve your offset issue.
haha, all good, no complaints here, agreed with kjeeper10, good info for all.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts