Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

So I took my jk jeep into mechanic two days ago because my rear brakes were making noise. He tells me my rear rotors and brake pads need replaced(fronts had 90% of their life still) at 45k miles. So naturally I had them put on new brakes/rotors. Now (only when i'm turning) I hear a metal on metal rubbing sound from my driver side rear wheel. If the sound persists im going to take it back in of course but is this normal to hear while the brakes/rotors are new? Has anyone else had this problem? thanks in advance

·
Registered
666 Posts
Hi all! So I took my jk jeep into mechanic two days ago because my rear brakes were making noise. He tells me my rear rotors and brake pads need replaced(fronts had 90% of their life still) at 45k miles. So naturally I had them put on new brakes/rotors. Now (only when i'm turning) I hear a metal on metal rubbing sound from my driver side rear wheel. If the sound persists im going to take it back in of course but is this normal to hear while the brakes/rotors are new? Has anyone else had this problem? thanks in advance
You could have a sticky caliper. My drivers rear side caliper bracket was stuck when I did my brakes. The caliper pin was frozen in the bracket causing the breaks to stick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts