Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brake light is on and i dont have rear brakes. I dont have any leaks and just put new pads on in the rear thinking that might do it. My ebrake is super tight and works great. Any ideas on where to start?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
disc or drum?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
The reason your brake light is on is because the pressure differential switch has slid over, blocking the rear brake lines, so you may not know if you have a leak or not since there is little or no pressure getting to the back.

With the key in the on position (so the brake light is lit) open the bleeder screw on the front passenger side brake caliper and have someone slowly step on the brake pedal until the light goes out, then immediately close the bleeder screw. That will get you pressure to the back brakes so you can actually determine if you have a leak. If you have no leak after that, and the light does not come back on, it was likely just a differential in pressure while you were doing the brake job.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the responses ill def try that out. When i took the rear pads out they werent too bad but i had a similar thing happen when my pads got low the light kicked on so i figured id try that first. This all happened before i did the brakes i just thought new ones might solve the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts