Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new rear bumper on the way with a pair if 2x2 cube flood lights. I have never even thought about installing something like the lights. . Definitely a newbie in this department. Mounting them in the bumper is no problem. It's the actual wiring and running everything to the battery and all that's involved that I'm clueless on. The lights do have a switch. I don't want them wired to come on with reverse lights. Just want to flip them on when I want.
If anyone has a simplified walk through on this I would greatly appreciate it. Of course a video would be even better. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I would watch a video on installing lights for the front bumper which will show how the wiring under the hood goes. Then just run the wiring to the rear instead. It's pretty easy once you see how it's done. Connect the wire that powers the relay directly to the battery not any light source. That will give you control over when you want the lights on.

·
Registered
321 Posts
You can buy a pre-made wiring harness such as this one that will make things easier. I'm not sure if 12' will be long enough for you but look for something like this to make it easier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts