Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i might be in the market for a rear bumper with a tire carrier. I would like to see some pictures of full width bumpers with tire carriers that accept a hi-lift and possibly a shovel.

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I have a JCR Offroad rear bumper and have been very happy with it. Has hi-lift mount built in along with a cb antennae mount and rotopax carriers. It also has mounts for rear lights. Super nice people to deal with and Krawl Offroad (forum member) sells them.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts

by comparison, this is a LOD offroad rear bumper from another forum thread. NOT MINE, unfortunately

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Me too........

This might be a bit high for you, but this is the direction that I'm leaning for mine:
2007-2012 Jeep JK Door Linked Full Width Signature Series Bumper w/ Generation 3 Tire Carrier*::*Signature Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier*::*2007-2012 Jeep JK Products*::*Jeep*::*LoD Offroad

The bumper is strong, full width, the tire carrier is beefy and is pretty modulor for what you describe. I've seen some pictures of it installed on other people's Jeeps and it looks great.
-----------------
I like this rear bumper myself :thumb: Tire carrier, hitch and cut-outs for lites :thumb:

However, I have been told that the waiting time for them can be LONG! I have eMailed them about inventory, but NO answer yet :nonono:

I have ordered a similiar bumper from Quadratec, but it's on backorder:facepalm:

If "LoD" can get me one out of inventory, I;ll cancel the order with Quadratec:thumb:

After all, I sold my Rampage Recovery Rear, so I have none at prestent!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the LOD bumper is SWEET but $1k for a rear bumper is kinda steep. may have to wait to save up a little more for this. Or a sale...

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Someone told me that some rear bumpers lower your towing capacity. Is this true or rubbish?

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
is that mopar bumper all metal or...????
Yes, all steel. I believe it is 3/16". The only non-metal part is the black nylon wedge bolted to the bumper for the latch assembly.
I like it.
The Mopar bumper color and texture matches the color and texture of the stock JK black plastic on the hinges and fender flares.
It should, since it was made for Mopar using Mopar specs..
It is very heavy duty.
The the tire carrier pin has a grease zert.
It uses all factory frame holes, so no drilling required.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Easy to install by yourself. It holds itself to the frame while you put the bolts and steel plates in place.
Must remove the receiver hitch first to get it to fit.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts