Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I was on a road trip and saw a TJ in a parking lot that had a rear bumper and tire-carrier combo that also boasted two holes for installing antennas.

The owner had a 4' top-loaded CB antenna installed in one of the holes.

Now I can't find my note on the make and nomenclature.

I've looked online and simply cannot put my cursor on the one I saw. It may be the antenna mount was an aftermarket addition to the tire carrier.

At any rate, can any of you point me to the manufacturer and even better, the model of that tire carrier?

Thanks in advance -

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know - that might have been it but without the luggage rack or jerry can mounts.

So thanks, and that may be the bumper/tire carrier combo that just went on my stuff to get list.

:thumb:

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
4x4 shops sell weld-on antenna mounting tabs that can be welded onto nearly any spare tire carrier in just a few minutes. Find the carrier you like that has space in the right position for an antenna mount and just have it welded on. That's a simple task for any welder. That's exactly what I did so I could have two antenna mounts rather than just the one that came on the other side of my Off Road Fabricators spare tire carrier.

And to be sure, I'm just a hack fabricator-welder so it wouldn't be more than a simple task for a legitimate welder.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts