Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,
Does anyone out there know of a rear bumper/tire carrier that can carry a couple of jerry cans and spare tire and a Hi Lift jack?

I'm not counting AEV because although it can carry extra fuel, it's a proprietary container, not the universal jerry can.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
Check the rock hard bumpers. I have one on my TJ that meets all those specs. I do not know what they offer for a JK. Also, Ace makes a bumper/carrier that you can add to.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I have a hi-lift, 35" spare and up to 3 Rotopaxes on my Teraflex carrier. If you look close you'll see the spacer/mount for the other two opposite the red one. (I only carry gas normally; one is a first aid kit and the other is for water when we wheel or camp.)
My only caveat is in case you don't know hi-lifts aren't exactly quiet. We have to zip tie ours down or it rattles- we even have the isolation boot on it. We had a cover on it but since it came from Smitty it naturally fell apart quickly. Its not a big deal to replace the ties every now and then but I am not exactly a fan. A local shop regularly drills a hole into the hi-lift for an extra lock down point at the base- doesn't matter what carrier.
Teraflex HD Hinged Wrangler Carrier Accessory Mount 4838200 (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
I have a hi-lift, 35" spare and up to 3 Rotopaxes on my Teraflex carrier. If you look close you'll see the spacer/mount for the other two opposite the red one. (I only carry gas normally; one is a first aid kit and the other is for water when we wheel or camp.)
My only caveat is in case you don't know hi-lifts aren't exactly quiet. We have to zip tie ours down or it rattles- we even have the isolation boot on it. We had a cover on it but since it came from Smitty it naturally fell apart quickly. Its not a big deal to replace the ties every now and then but I am not exactly a fan. A local shop regularly drills a hole into the hi-lift for an extra lock down point at the base- doesn't matter what carrier.
Teraflex HD Hinged Wrangler Carrier Accessory Mount 4838200 (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping
This is a nice setup! I hadn't considered mounting accessories to my Hi-Lift. The only down side is dis-assembly when you need to use the jack. Those carriers are really stout and can handle some serious weight.

...Real Jerry cans, Hi-Lift and even a rack over the spare tire to hold the kitchen sink.
What more could a guy ask for?...
Oh yeah, American made. :beerdrinking:
2007-2015 Jeep JK Generation 4 Signature Series Fullwidth Bumper w/ Tire Carrier*::*Signature Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier*::*2007-2015 Jeep JK Products*::*Jeep*::*LoD Offroad
I love my LOD rear bumper! I have the signature series on the rear of my TJ and while I don't have all the accessory mounts, I do have my hi-lift on it and it functions great after a few years of use.

OP, if you decide to go with any of the carriers/mounts we have on the site make sure you PM me for a quote! I'll make sure I get you the best possible deal!

-Ryan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Smittybilt Atlas. I'll see if I can grab a pic later. I still need to mount my HiLift, but it does all your looking for.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Does LOD provide a place to put safety chains on when towing something? I can't see it in any of the photos. Really wish they just used the oem hitch.

·
Registered
991 Posts
There are not many like you are looking for, its very similar to what I want. Like mentioned above the Smittybilt Atlas fits the bill, just they have been back ordered for awhile.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Does LOD provide a place to put safety chains on when towing something? I can't see it in any of the photos. Really wish they just used the oem hitch.
Yes, my LOD bumper is great, I did a lot of research and ended up with LOD. The only complaint I have is how long it took, but that is sometimes the price you pay for quality products that are in demand.

·
Registered
874 Posts
There are not many like you are looking for, its very similar to what I want. Like mentioned above the Smittybilt Atlas fits the bill, just they have been back ordered for awhile.

I've been running the Atlas rear bumper for over a year now. No issues. The Hi-Lift Mount is included in the kit, BTW.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Does LOD provide a place to put safety chains on when towing something? I can't see it in any of the photos. .

Can anyone answer this question? I am narrowing down my rear bumper purchase .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts