Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some a - hole wrecked my rear bumper last night in front of my house on 2013 jk. Didn't even leave a note or anything.
Anybody have any experience with the 200.00 steel rear bumpers on eBay ????
Quality ???? Ease of install etc.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
787 Posts
If you want to stay stock I would just watch the local CL as there are tons of people removing the stock bumpers to put on tire carrier and recovery bumpers.

I commonly see them for ~$100.

If you want to go aftermarket, there are many of the Chinese bumpers on eBay and Amazon that can be had for under $300.

There was a recent thread about them actually.

I'll edit with a link if I can find it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I see them all the time on cl for a 100 or less. Figure I would upgrade to a steel bumper and I saw them on eBay for like 200 shipped out of 5/32 steel how bad could they be ???? Hahaha

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought the front and rear bumpers in a set from e autogrills for less than $500. great stuff. The front bumper fit perfectly, but the rear bumper needed trimming because it hit the body before the mounting holes lined up. I had to trim about 1/2" off of the inner lip to make it fit correctly. with that said, I am still very happy with them. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts