Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I recently added 18" rims with 35" tires to Jeep and can already hear the tailgate screaming in pain. I am now in the market for a rear bumper with tire carrier. I want it to have d-ring hook ups, lights, and the ability to add jerry cans, jack, a rack over the tire and a air tank. It seems there are plenty of choices but the price seems to very anywhere from $900 and up. What are your thoughts on quality brands, material (steel vs Aluminum) and finish. Like everything else, I'm looking for the best bumper for the buck.

·
Commercial Member
2,299 Posts
Hello All,
I recently added 18" rims with 35" tires to Jeep and can already hear the tailgate screaming in pain. I am now in the market for a rear bumper with tire carrier. I want it to have d-ring hook ups, lights, and the ability to add jerry cans, jack, a rack over the tire and a air tank. It seems there are plenty of choices but the price seems to very anywhere from $900 and up. What are your thoughts on quality brands, material (steel vs Aluminum) and finish. Like everything else, I'm looking for the best bumper for the buck.
I kind of prefer the cage-styled tire carriers myself. Only problem I see (or that I personally have) with them is that they all seem to attach to the body, and not the bumper.

I'm currently prototyping one that hinges on the bumper and opens with the tailgate.

I like the cage style because it's easy to mount extra stuff to them IMO.

Aluminum is nice because of weight savings, although I prefer steel myself.

·
Supporting Vendor
767 Posts

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I want it to have d-ring hook ups, lights, and the ability to add jerry cans, jack, a rack over the tire and a air tank.
Add some more on Rock Hard :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the bumper I have been looking at, and it has all the features I'm wanting. Where is the best price?

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
This is the bumper I have been looking at, and it has all the features I'm wanting. Where is the best price?
Use our vendors. Northridge4x4 has em since I viewed it before. You can also ask Rockhard4x4 as well as they are very active here in the forum and could probably strike you a great deal.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I would say ACE but it is missing some things on your list. They do have some killer sales at certain times of the year.

·
Registered
533 Posts
LOD was my choice. Welds are perfect and the finish is immaculate. Very solid and worth every penny!

·
Supporting Vendor
767 Posts
Use our vendors. Northridge4x4 has em since I viewed it before. You can also ask Rockhard4x4 as well as they are very active here in the forum and could probably strike you a great deal.
Negative, we actively do not compete against our dealers. Like us, most of our dealers are mom and pop's. We've been family run since day 1 so we do not under cut them. NR4x4, as well as all our dealers, do a great job. If they don't let us know and we'll give them a phone call to get things taken care of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts