Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions for a rear bumper with tire carrier that is also rated for towing (6x10 landscape style trailer for my motorcycle). I was looking at the DV8 RS-2 bumper but was wondering if anybody out there has suggestions or have had good luck with other setups. I have my RK lift and 35x12.5/17's going on in the next week but Ive read a bunch of posts of people stating that they don't recommend putting the 35 on the tailgate. also thought about getting just a bumper and then a separate tire carrier to handle the 35. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
You may be better off looking for one that is notched for the factory tow hitch. I have yet to find a good one that is rated. A bumper with tire carrier is next on my list and I tow around 2000 pounds every weekend.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Check out Poison Spyder too. I have the Bruiser one that has a rated hitch and has the hole to mount the optional swing gate tire holder on now or later (as I am) if/when I get a larger tire. Right now I’m using my Teraflex HD hinge for a 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome thanks for the input guys! I think Im going to do the terflex HD tire carrier and Im still up in the air between the ace and poison spider bumpers they both look phenomenal>

·
Registered
253 Posts
I also has the ACE rear bumper with the tire carrier for 4 years now. Love it.
Just got rear ended a few months ago at a 4 way stop sign. Not even a scratch on the bumper but the Ford Escape that hit me has significant damage to the front end.

Reactions: Wheaton

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got an email from Ace saying my inner fenders shipped and that they are having a 20% off sale so Im thinking that may be the best route since its more affordable now. Although the shiping rates suck lol. I have a DV8 front bumper now and was just curious if any of you guys know if the textures on the finish(powder coating) are close of if they are noticeably different?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts