Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on rear bumpers that wraparound and line up with the fenders. I know the AEV rear bumper lines up nicely. Just looking at other options.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
How much money do you want to spend and what are your requirements?

The best two (IMHO) on the opposite spectrums of price are the Expedition ONE and Rampage Recovery Rear bumpers.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
ARB and Bestop/highrock both do i want the same thing, i just cant decide between the expedition one, ARB, and bestop/highrock ones.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
ARB and Bestop/highrock both do i want the same thing, i just cant decide between the expedition one, ARB, and bestop/highrock ones.
ARB doesn't have provisions for gear. Expedition one can carry 2 rotopax units at 4 gallons each. EXP1 also has the best carrier spindle that I have seen.

Another great bumper is the LOD full width.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I really don't need a carrier, as I think I am going with the Teraflex carrier. If I can find an AEV COD MW3 bumper I will probably go that route, but still looking at options.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I really don't need a carrier, as I think I am going with the Teraflex carrier. If I can find an AEV COD MW3 bumper I will probably go that route, but still looking at options.
You may want to reconsider the teraflex carrier if you are going to get a rear bumper anyway. The teraflex carrier isn't cheap, and isn't nearly as utility packed as a proper carrier. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may want to reconsider the teraflex carrier if you are going to get a rear bumper anyway. The teraflex carrier isn't cheap, and isn't nearly as utility packed as a proper carrier. Just something to think about.
I know. I had the AEV and AEV tire carrier on my last build, so I may go that route again as the cost is near the same.

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
I have a JCR Offroad rear with stock fenders. it looks pretty clean. for the longest time I wanted one that wrapped. but when I stuffed my rear tires wheeling my rear bumper would limit my travel from tire rub...

check them out. customer service is outstanding. :whistling:

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I have a Mopar rock crawler rear bumper that fits amazingly well. I plan on building my own tire carrier for it. There are no gaps and it tucks up under the fenders on both sides.

Bob K.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Lovin the Rampage Recovery
Its an awesome looking bumper. I have the front and love it. The only reason I don't have one is because of the tire carrier. I need one that can hold gas and other provisions, so my choices are extremely limited, and basically narrows it down to ExpeditionONE and LOD, and Exp1 takes the cake.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Go with the rampage rear and an or fab tire carrier. I have the tire carrier n love it. Next is the rear bumper so I know what u are going through.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Here is the LOD full width rear from their site. I have the LOD full width front and will most likely buy this when I get my rear.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Take a look at the Warn Elite as well, you can keep the stock trailer hitch if you have one. It is very solid and offers maximum protection and an optional tire carrier is available

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Take a look at the Warn Elite as well, you can keep the stock trailer hitch if you have one. It is very solid and offers maximum protection and an optional tire carrier is available
But that one doesn't wrap all the way around does it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts