Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently rear ended and I am awaiting a check for a replacement bumper,hook, and license plate housing. I am looking for aftermarket rear bumpers but haven't found anything special, I would like a hitch installed but would go with a bumper and hitch combo any ideas? Thanks

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Mopar Offroad Bumper Part#82211718 $600 with optional tire Carrier Part#82211832AB $500
Must remove receiver hitch to install then re-install hitch. At least on my Curt hitch. I think the Mopar/Rugged Ridge hitch has a longer throat and may not need to be removed before installation.
Fit perfect, no problems at all. Made(subcontracted) for the Jeep by Jeep/Mopar so the color and texture match very well. Has grease zert for carrier pivot pin. Full width for when I'm crawlin the malls and someone tries to back into me.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Thanks!
I bought the Mopar Offroad Front Winch bumper to match, and have yet to install it.
I am making a custom 2" receiver mount to bolt into it in lieu of the winch.
Less weight and hidden by the Mopar Winch cover plate that can be purchased to hide the winch hole if you do not install a winch.
Hides the custom 2" receiver and my winch tool bag where the winch would mount but yet is hidden by the winch "omit" cover.
I have a receiver mounted Warn M8000 that can be seen im my "Images" in my Profile.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Here is my LoD..........

2007-2012 Jeep JK Full Width Signature Series Bumper w/ Generation 3 Tire Carrier :: Signature Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier :: 2007-2012 Jeep JK Products :: Jeep :: LoD Offroad

Just installed it yesterday! Will stand being rear-ended by a Sherman Tank (3/16 & 1/4 inch STEEL)

Saw a JK that had a new light-weight Aluminum R-rear bumper, that had been rear-ended by a new F-250, and that Aluminum bumper folded like a beer-can:thumb:

The tire swing is exceptionally strong and takes the weight of the spare off my tail-gate.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
willee51 said:
2007-2012 Jeep JK Full Width Signature Series Bumper w/ Generation 3 Tire Carrier :: Signature Series Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier :: 2007-2012 Jeep JK Products :: Jeep :: LoD Offroad

Just installed it yesterday! Will stand being rear-ended by a Sherman Tank (3/16 & 1/4 inch STEEL)

Saw a JK that had a new light-weight Aluminum R-rear bumper, that had been rear-ended by a new F-250, and that Aluminum bumper folded like a beer-can:thumb:

The tire swing is exceptionally strong and takes the weight of the spare off my tail-gate.

:popcorn:
Yea that nice, actually the stock bumper took a hard hit and compressed in and out like a spring! Do the lights on this bumper work as reverse lights also?

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
If you plan on towing anything don't get one with a built in hitch receiver. They are not rated for towing.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
I was recently rear ended and I am awaiting a check for a replacement bumper,hook, and license plate housing. I am looking for aftermarket rear bumpers but haven't found anything special, I would like a hitch installed but would go with a bumper and hitch combo any ideas? Thanks

I just put the Or-Fab Rear Rockslider bumper on mine, which means my stock bumper is available if you want it.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Thanks. It's extremely sturdy and gives increased clearance. So much that I've been thinking about painting my muffler.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
daggo66 said:
I just put the Or-Fab Rear Rockslider bumper on mine, which means my stock bumper is available if you want it.
Well I'm still waiting for estimate he should of been here late last week but hopefully he will be here by en of this week, is their anything wrong with the stock bumper and how much u asking? Where will it be shipped from?

·
Registered
247 Posts
If you plan on towing anything don't get one with a built in hitch receiver. They are not rated for towing.
x2^

The JCR ultimate has everything I would want in a bumper, tire carrier, ability to carry gas cans in a nice looking way not all crazy off to the sides. I already have a receiver hitch which is attached to the frame and it looks like these bumpers all include a bumper mounted receiver hitch. Anybody know if that's the case?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
daggo66 said:
There is nothing wrong with it. You can pick it up in Glen Burnie for free.
Wow thank you! I will be busy after work today but probably will be able to tomorrow evening Can I p. m u for an address or number to reach u?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts