Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm kinda partial to this one, Jeep JK Wrangler Trail Series Rear Bumper with Smooth Motion Tire Carrier , since that's what I've got on mine. Installed it about 3 years ago and have been carrying a 37" tire on it for the last year and a half or so and have had no problems with it.

Also, I'm thinking the one in you link doesn't exist yet. Dug through all kinds of sites and couldn't find anything on it. Looks like it has pretty much the same capability as the one I've got and Warn has a history of having good products so I would think it would be a good bumper.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rtone1583 said:
I'm kinda partial to this one, Jeep JK Wrangler Trail Series Rear Bumper with Smooth Motion Tire Carrier , since that's what I've got on mine. Installed it about 3 years ago and have been carrying a 37" tire on it for the last year and a half or so and have had no problems with it.

Also, I'm thinking the one in you link doesn't exist yet. Dug through all kinds of sites and couldn't find anything on it. Looks like it has pretty much the same capability as the one I've got and Warn has a history of having good products so I would think it would be a good bumper.
Can't say im very familiar with this one. Looks tough. Got any pics, how was install?

·
Registered
98 Posts

Ditto! I love mine :punk:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Can't say im very familiar with this one. Looks tough. Got any pics, how was install?
Will have to dig around for some pics.

Install was relatively easy. Did it in my garage with the help of a buddy. The most difficult parts of the install were two bolts on the bumper and getting the door to tire carrier adjusted correctly.

The two bolts were difficult because there was a whole lot of swing room for the wrench so it took a few minutes to get each one tightened down.

The adjustment was difficult because you have to try each adjustment with the tire on the carrier. If it's not right, you have to take the tire off then move the shims around, bolt it all back together and try it again.

If I remember correctly it was about a two and a half hour install from start to finish with about half an hour spent adjusting the carrier arm.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts