Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I called quadratec and they said it's silly to cut a hole in the floor liner for the sub. Did anyone put the rubber liner over the sub notice a difference in the sound?

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Hi All,
I called quadratec and they said it's silly to cut a hole in the floor liner for the sub. Did anyone put the rubber liner over the sub notice a difference in the sound?
I run mine with the Rubber mat (un-cut) over the Sub. You'd have to measure it to tell the difference. Well worth it just to avoid PIA clean outs.
Sub is Tub-coupled so the "feel" is more visceral.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I run mine with the Rubber mat (un-cut) over the Sub. You'd have to measure it to tell the difference. Well worth it just to avoid PIA clean outs. Sub is Tub-coupled so the "feel" is more visceral.
+1.

Mopar un-cut rear mat, no issues, no mess in the sub. I will add that I leave the factory carpet mat in place with the rubber one on top of it to give the sub a bit more breathing room.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
+1.

Mopar un-cut rear mat, no issues, no mess in the sub. I will add that I leave the factory carpet mat in place with the rubber one on top of it to give the sub a bit more breathing room.
Yes. My OE mat is under there as well. Bass is different than Tweeters and Mids which are directional and rely on an open line.
As mentioned, the Sub relies on the "coupling" to the tub.
I have A/B'd the Sub covered and uncovered. I won't lie. I can tell which is which but it is so subtle - not worth mentioning.

I'll add. My Dogs Do Not like the Sub. I couldn't figure out why they were whining a couple weeks ago and it hit me, "They can feel the floor moving" Doh! I turned the Bass down to zero and they were fine. Bad Daddy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts