Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed after cleaning off some mud underneath after off-roading that my rear passenger coil spring is not centered. It had shifted and not in the middle of the bracket anymore. What happen? Did it just slip off or somthing else. So do I just jack up the axle to release tension and hit it back with rubber mallet or need to drop the axles?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I would raise the Jeep until you have "full droop" on the rear suspension and support the frame with some jack stands, then jack up the wheel on the opposite side from where the spring shifted and try as you suggested. Have your shocks been replaced or any suspension mods made? Generally, when your springs and shocks are matched, you won't have this problem because your shocks are what limit the down travel of your suspension. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its rough country suspension 4'inch lift kit. What a junk. It came with the jeep. Never buy rough country stuff. Thinking of getting Rubicon express lift to replacement.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
We have a RC 3.25 lift on my son's 97 and haven't had any problems except for shocks leaking but many folks on here have expressed numerous problems with them. I have no experience with any other spring lift so I can't advise good or bad on the RE but there is a good continual thread at the top of the TJ Tech column that has some good advice and pro's and con's to the different lifts.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Its rough country suspension 4'inch lift kit. What a junk. It came with the jeep. Never buy rough country stuff. Thinking of getting Rubicon express lift to replacement.
Don't replace a bad coil with another haha.

Like mentioned before. Your shocks are probably far too long and unseat the coil.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it fixed. Then found out that shock is leaking also. What a junk. This Rough country shock is only like 3 years old. So now im looking to replace it with Bilstine 5100 or fox shocks. Hope to see better performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts