Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've seen this somewhere before on here but cant find it. My dog removed the wire bundle that attaches directly to the rear defroster at the glass. It appears to be soldered, JB'd, or something similar. Dealer and Safelight will only replace the entire glass. Has anyone else found a way to repair this? Not mine but similar to the issue I am having.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I tried and failed with mine ---- Maxcare bought me a new rear window though.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Wow, I am having this same issue and cannot believe it takes a new window to fix it. Seems like this will happen quite often and I certainly don't want to be paying for a new window every time.

·
Registered
215 Posts
A few years back the dealer reattached mine. Think it was $115 or so. No issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
My wires were cracked all over the place though, not just a buggered connector.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Just ordered the Permatex. Mine just came unadhered from the glass at the same point as in the pic. This sounds like a logical solution.

·
Registered
633 Posts
The Permatex will work great UNTIL it gets to freezing temps and you open the window. It will then pop off.

I used it on mine, made the repair at the beginning of Spring. Stayed on great until the first freezing temps come winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts