Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jeep wrangler 2014 4 door sahara
for a while now when I start the jeep the rear defroster light will blink for a minuter or two. one of my rear defroster tabs had been disconnected which is what I thought was the reason for the blinking light. then my heat wouldn't work so I took it to my mechanic. The HVAC door actuator was locked in the AC position and he used a conductive tape to re connect the defroster tab to the window. that didn't fix the rear defroster light from blinking and within 3,000 miles the Heat stopped working again. he replaced the HVAC door actuator but I'm still having the rear defroster blinking light issue. has anyone had this same issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have worked through this with my 2015 JKUR. Most probable cause is your blend door actuator. If your mechanic used an aftermarket bda, the controller cant calibrate it. I made this mistake
and after installing a MOPR actuator, the blinking cal light stopped and my heat worked perfectly. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just noticed my 2014 doing this yesterday. I thought maybe it had to do with reinstalling the hardtop over the weekend. I was hoping it was something simple like checking the connector at the back of the hardtop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts