Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 COD that was born w a soft top. Added a color coded hard top and purchased the rear defrost harness that goes from the rear window to the harness in the veh which already had a defrost button on the dash. The dealer gave me a song and a dance and told me that it would be impossible to hook up the rear defroster. Those types of connections are beyond my ability but for the dealer not to know ? Anyone have an idea on how to connect the rear defroster and where is the other portion of the harness located. Thank you, hope I didn't confuse anyone :).

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
To add the hardtop, you need the hardtop connection kit that includes the wiring, wiper stalk, and necessary connectors to hook it all up. Also, once everything is hooked up, the dealer will need to Starscan it to activate the defroster part. The wiper will work out of the box.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I did this last automne, I had trouble to figure out steps 16 to 22. So I called a friend who had this done by its dealer to come home so I could take a look, all went fine..

As a side note, if you don't want to get into it, see with different dealers. The one close to my house was charging 3 hours for the install (pretty much the time it took me), so near 300 $, but later I found another dealer where I went to get some parts that was charging a flat rate of only 80$ for the install, at that price I'm not sure I would have done it myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts