Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the swap is starting today, I'm not sure how far we will get today, but I am doing some reading on the rear brakes of the new axle. I read on Stus page about it, and it says to remove the combination/proportioning valve? Is this all that is necessary to get the brakes working like they should?

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
I am planning the same swap, so please keep posting and put some pics on for us all. Wish I had the answer, but will be watching the post.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am planning the same swap, so please keep posting and put some pics on for us all. Wish I had the answer, but will be watching the post.
Thanks
No prob Tex. Ive got everything ground down and removed off of it and its at my buddies house. I get off work in half an hour and will be going over there to help him fit the brackets up. Ill try and get a few pics.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am planning on doing this swap soon. Did you weld the brackets and everything on yourself or did you buy a completed assembly? I ask because I am getting costs both ways. My understanding is you just leave the stock combination/proportioning valve in place and the brakes will work fine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sorry, if I would have read the last post I would have seen you ground down the housing and were going to install the brackets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts