Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across these from a YouTube video and thought they would work out well for me. I’ve got 2 kids and i’ve always wanted to be able to get a little more opening out of the door. Ordered and installed. They took about 5 minutes to install. Here are some pics for those that may have been in the same boat as me.

I bought them at this link. Lots of cool Molle solutions for those that want/need them as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
I was looking at these also (they showed out of stock last time I checked, a few weeks ago). How close does the front door come (when opening) to hitting the rear door when opened fully? Or would they hit?
I ordered there JKU front overhead molle panel last week, but shipping is very slow. Still two weeks out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at these also (they showed out of stock last time I checked, a few weeks ago). How close does the front door come (when opening) to hitting the rear door when opened fully? Or would they hit?
I ordered there JKU front overhead molle panel last week, but shipping is very slow. Still two weeks out.
No they do not hit each other. At its closest is when the door first opens and that is about 2 3/4” from the rear door.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I came across these from a YouTube video and thought they would work out well for me. I’ve got 2 kids and i’ve always wanted to be able to get a little more opening out of the door. Ordered and installed. They took about 5 minutes to install. Here are some pics for those that may have been in the same boat as me.

I bought them at this link. Lots of cool Molle solutions for those that want/need them as well.

Off topic:

Where did you get those "JK Pocket" door pockets? I thought about getting something similar, but the brand I looked at (which I don't recall) didn't seem like they offered any room at all.

I also have those door extenders. I have not put mine on yet. I'll post up a pic when I do.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Off topic:

Where did you get those "JK Pocket" door pockets? I thought about getting something similar, but the brand I looked at (which I don't recall) didn't seem like they offered any room at all.

I also have those door extenders. I have not put mine on yet. I'll post up a pic when I do.
Here is the website. I've had these on my short list for a while. Seems like a really good solution.

I also have those door extensions and could not be happier.

DAVE

·
Registered
371 Posts
got a kiddo on the way. been messing with the car seat trying to get it in and out, etc. having the doors open a bit wider will be a big help. thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a 6 year old and a 3 year old so the wife got me these for Christmas after I watched the same YouTube video from Ben @JK Gear and Gadgets. . What a difference for such a simple modification. I'll be ordering the tailgate table from MPS as well once the temps warm up a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
This seems like a great idea! I've always wanted to get the ones that hold the door open for the rear since putting my daughter in and out of her car seat is always a pain if the parking spot is in any way uphill... Dang door won't stay open! haha

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sold! I'm getting them. Just for the ease of taking the doors off is worth it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts