Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for an answer to my question and could not find one so I hope you folks can help me out. My wife loves using the Jeep but has a hard time loading groceries in the back with the fixed soft top bar across the back of the rear opening. Is there anything that can be done to move the bar out of the way, a hinged connector or something to make the opening larger?

Thanks....

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The easiest thing to do is unzip each side up the center, grab the tailgate bar and flip it on top of the rig. I've done that plenty of times. Of course, with a lift and 37's, it's not so easy anymore.....

Bob K.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The easiest thing to do is unzip each side up the center, grab the tailgate bar and flip it on top of the rig. I've done that plenty of times. Of course, with a lift and 37's, it's not so easy anymore.....

Bob K.
Thanks Bob, I will give tha a try.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My brother in Tx rides without the tailgate bar on the weekends if he doesn't have the top down.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
The flipping up on top does work just be careful of cold temps and or dirt or dust on back window---they crack and or split easy in cold weather, and scratches could come from flipping it up on top if dirty.

I usually just open the door and put things in under the bar--but I have had a TJ for 8 yrs before I got the JK. Kinda used to it.

Good Luck!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts