Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ripped my boot in Moab and replaced it yesterday with the mopar kit via 4wd.com was about $50 includes clamps and grease.

I for the life of me could not remove the driveshaft from the diff pinion. I had to remove it at the tc end. I could have driven with the 8 bolts removed from the rear. It would not budge. Any one else have this problem? The bolts came out easy and went back easy but the repezza joint would not come off. Any way easy job other than that. I've been thinking of getting a new teraflex ds but need to figure how to pull this off first.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Did you try any Penetrating Oil like PB Blaster ect.? Let it soak overnight and should help bust them free.

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My front was no problem I did not think to hit it with pb blaster as the bolts came out no problem. I guess when I need to do it again I'll do that. I bought a cv clamp pliers from orielys and it broke before getting the first clamp tight. Home Depot has one for $10 and it worked great.

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. Hit Tom up in vender section for discount. He said it would take 3 weeks but took 3 days.

·
Registered
459 Posts
How did you rip your boot? On the evap canister skid?

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure I did the mod were you move it over. It might have been on my gastank skid. Mine really flexes and it was one or the other. My buddy who has same exact set up tore his too. There are two bolts on the tank skid bracket that might have been the culprit.

·
Super Moderator
21,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are holes in the back of the pinion flange for a small punch. Insert a punch in the hole and back it with a hammer a few times, rotate to the next hole, repeat. It'll come loose after a while. I had to just do that.
Good tip. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts