Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question from a newbie here just replaced the rear driveshaft ujoints on 1993 yj when I removed it I marked it so I would replace it in the exact spot. When I removed the old ujojnts and removed the yolk it was marked but it must have rubbed off. Question is is it possible to put the yolk on the wrong side of the driveshaft when installing new ujoints. Pretty sure I have it on the right side but now I'm paranoid thinking I did it backwards. It lined up correct and I took it for a ride and everything seemed fine. But like I said I'm new to jeeps and not sure what type of problem it would create. Both ends of the driveshaft look exactly the same. Any help. Thanks

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
If the shaft is balanced I would not think you would have a problem, if it runs OK now, I would not worry about it as it must be in right.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
It should not make any change in any thing, if it where a slip shaft then it need have the crosses lined up and put in the right direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts