Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rear Electric Window stopped working. All Other windows work fine. Does anyone have good troubleshooting tips?

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
have you tried unplugging and then re-plug in the door wire harness? The cover is beside front seats in the B pillar near the floor. Just slide the front seat ahead and you will see it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick response and advise, tried that it did not work, I assume it is not the fuse since the rest of the windows work? Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Are you talking about the rear window electric heating element or one of the rear (side) windows that moves up and down electrically?

Commo

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same issue with my drivers side rear window. One day I go to get into my jeep and I close my door and next thing I notice is my window is gone. Had not even started the jeep. So I go to raise the window and nothing happens. It feel inside the door all on its own. I remove the panel to see why it would not raise up and to see why it feel and during that process it started to work again. I would like to say I fixed it but I have no idea why it started to work again. So long story short remove the panel and start to play with it. 2015 jku

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Commo, Rear right window that moves up and down. Any advise?
Eddierayhouston: Is it easy to remove the door panel? - Anything else to look for?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry, my experience is with the rear window defogger -- mine (and I believe a bunch of others) went in-op when one of the two contacts came loose from the window...covered under warranty in my case, which was great as apparently a new rear window costs $1100...

Commo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts