Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
i am fluent in kryptonian
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finishing a trail this weekend i had some vibratopns in the rear end primarily while accelorating. When i got home i saw my transfer case was leaking. Are the two problems realated or is something else causing the vibrations?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
583 Posts
You may have bent the output shaft coming out of the transfer case. That happened to me when my rear u joint failed and it caused vibrations and a leak at the seal.

If its bent you can tell by putting it on jack stands and turning the wheels in neutral to spin the Driveshaft. If its bent you'll see the output shaft move awkwardly as it spins. It should turn but not visibly move.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Most likely related.... bad u-joint on either end for an extended period of time will take out seals... but check your junk for being bent as stated above.

Do you remember hitting the shaft on anything while wheelin it? Look for scarring on the shaft....

·
Registered
583 Posts
TnDz TJ said:
Most likely related.... bad u-joint on either end for an extended period of time will take out seals... but check your junk for being bent as stated above.

Do you remember hitting the shaft on anything while wheelin it? Look for scarring on the shaft....
Another thing I didn't mention. If you bang the DS you can knock it out of balance

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok will check it out. thanks guys!

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
turned out my tailshaft and drive shaft both got bent. now i have my sye and cv shaft. one less thing to buy when i put my 4.5" RE short arm lift on. thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
turned out my tailshaft and drive shaft both got bent. now i have my sye and cv shaft. one less thing to buy when i put my 4.5" RE short arm lift on. thanks for the help guys.
Won't you need to get your driveshaft lengthened?

·
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i had a custom cv style drive shaft made. drive shaft company came out and took measurements.

·
Registered
583 Posts
thetoadLJ said:
yeah i had a custom cv style drive shaft made. drive shaft company came out and took measurements.
That's the way to go man.

That's one of jeeps major short comings which include 3.07's the turdy5 and not having fixed yokes and cv shafts on the np231 non Rubi's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts