Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 TJ 4.0 liter with a five speed. I recently replaced the head gasket because of water leaking out on the passenger side. Since the head was going to be off, I did a header swap that I had wanted to do for awhile.
Hello Everyone!

I got everything back together last night, and the engine is squeaking! It squeaks at a rhythmic pace, and when I give it gas, it keeps pace with the RPM's and gets louder at the same time. The squeak comes from under the engine at the rear. It is NOT coming form my serpentine belt.

I'm assuming something is not getting oil to it, but I did what I was supposed to do; I kept the push rods and rocker arms in the order of which they were when I took them out, and I re-installed them in that order.

My gasket replacement appears to have been successful aside from the squeaky noise. There is no evidence of any other issues. The engine smokes, but that's to be expected.

I haven't actually driven it yet. I haven't even tried putting in gear as it was late when I got everything put back together.

Thank you for any help you can give.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanna thank all those that gave me some input, but I found the squeaking noise and am a bit ashamed that I thought it was my engine and not one of the pulleys. Well, it was one of the pulleys. Thank you everyone!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts