Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 and the rear frame has the wrangler rot i was wondering if there was anyone in connecticut the does that type of repair

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I would contact your local auto body shop, and see what they can do. There are kits to do it, but I don't have the link for it anymore

·
Registered
107 Posts
What's up coney? Still looking to get that fixed huh? Me too! If anyone does know of anyone in CT that would be a great help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,221 Posts
I suggest signing up on northeastjeep.org and posting up this question. I know a member on there just had the same issue and had it fixed locally so Im sure you would get a good answer there. Plus its a great group of locals to get to know.

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
Find a friend with a welder, get some scrap metal, a few cans of bed liner, and some beer and go to town for a weekend.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There are frame repair pieces in the quadratec magazine. They come from a place in your region that sells frame repair kits for dodge, mopar and jeep. Getting to them from thier website was almost impossible but from quadratec i had them shipped to the midwest in 2 days. I spent a saturday afternoon and replaced the front driver side frame from the shock tower forward to the bumper. I must say the body was off and that made it easier. Took about 8 hours with a mig welder, grinder and patience. Hope this helps?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had the same issue here in Ohio. I had the option of contacting a local chassis shop or do it myself because the body shops only dealt with direct replacement type repairs. I chose the latter. I even built on a new tire carrier.

There is one builder in CT that has a great reputation and this time of year may be willing to take on a different type of build.

Exstreme Chassis
45 McDermott Road North Haven, CT (203) 909-6732

1 - 8 of 8 Posts