Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 1999 Jeep Wrangler this month and am not too familiar with the parts and don't have anything to reference. It came with a torn hardtop a a hardtop. The hardtop had no glass. I purchased a rear glass with defrost as it has the switch for defrost. It also has no parts for the rear wiper or whatever the hell goes at the top as there are some holes in the winndow and a plug in for something. Also, it has some other holes in the glass I have NO idea what the hell goes in those holes! I'm assuming it is for a wiper as there is a switch for a wiper blad or maybe it is for a brake light. Could somebody please lead me to a link, parts diagram, or somewhere so I can find out what I need to buy to put back there.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Yes holes are for the wiper motor. Note there is a difference between 97-02, 03-06 motor mounting. Unless you are getting the motor, just plug the holes. The brake light is on the tailgate.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 99. So I can just buy the just the mounting for it and just cover the holes? What about the holes on the sides of the window?

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I have a 99. So I can just buy the just the mounting for it and just cover the holes? What about the holes on the sides of the window?
No mounting kit. Just go down to the HW store and find some items. A couple fender washers, plastic/rubber washers and short nuts/bolts. Paint them black and done.

The lift support fittings from posts I've seen are not cheap. I believe there is a site jeepglass or something similar (google is your friend) that may have them. You can try ebay and daveysjeeps for the parts. You need the supports also (amazon) I assime you need the hinges also.

It is expensive to replace the glass and all of the hardware. People have thought they were getting a good deal with a top and no glass but by the time you get everything, it is not a good deal.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The hardtop came along with the purchase of the Jeep, so I had to choose either fix the hard or soft top, which had all the window pieces torn and patched up with duct tape.

I'm thinking it is the lift support bracket in the link below.
LBG9706L - Left Side Lifter Bolt Bracket Kit 97-06 Wranglers

I bought the supports already, but I didn't know I was going to need this too.

I came from owning a BMW before, so the prices seem very reasonable to me.

Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Yea tha's the part. Obviously you need left and right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts