Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the issue where the rear headrest won't lock upright.

If so is there a specific part I should look at?

Last resort will be to pull he seat cover to check the mechanism. Trying to avoid. I know it clips in the back and has a zipper, but the fabric also goes around the hinges. Not sure to get that part off without taking them all the way apart.

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
Has anyone had the issue where the rear headrest won't lock upright. If so is there a specific part I should look at? Last resort will be to pull he seat cover to check the mechanism. Trying to avoid. I know it clips in the back and has a zipper, but the fabric also goes around the hinges. Not sure to get that part off without taking them all the way apart.
1 of them or both? New jeep, or used?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am the original owner 14 unlimited Rubicon x
Just the passenger side.

I undid the springs on it when I first got it so they normally stay back anyway.

The auto up springs are off both sides. Drivers side works fine. I am guessing the loose spring has some how slipped down and blocked the lock. But didn't have enough to to pull the seat to figure out how to get the cover completely off to check.

Just hoping there is an easier way to check this.

·
Registered
23,963 Posts
I am the original owner 14 unlimited Rubicon x
Just the passenger side.

I undid the springs on it when I first got it so they normally stay back anyway.

The auto up springs are off both sides. Drivers side works fine. I am guessing the loose spring has some how slipped down and blocked the lock. But didn't have enough to to pull the seat to figure out how to get the cover completely off to check.

Just hoping there is an easier way to check this.
Well, you answered my questions. What you described, is what I was going to say.

So..... I got nothing. Good luck.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone is following this. One of the springs for the auto pop up feature had interfered with the locking mechanism. I was able to see this through the slots on top after removing the head rest. Have it fixed for now but the spring is loose in there. I will fish it out or secure it later to prevent reoccurrence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts