Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of it is prefabricated, then modified to suit. With cost of steel and time, in most cases it is more cost effective to buy something close and tweak it. I was able to clock my axle when welding in all the new stuff so that I achieve perfect pinion angle and have the adjustability and axle sitting where I want. I use a lot of Artec builders parts. They seem to always have something close to what I want, fast shipping, good pricing and great product.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Can't wait to check it out at the meet and greet. Looks good.

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Woohoo!!!!
:drool:

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Interesting, it appears that you have about 12 to 14 inches of of link separation at the axle. What is the separation at the frame?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Close to the same.. Remember JKs are a lesson in compromise

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But since you like math IC is about at the center of the engine, anti squat is between 80-85%. Have some room to play with these after I shake it down. Only really driven it on the street currently. It does drive on road well, corners well, and seems to have good control on rough roads.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Also I plan on going to 40s soon and I am trying to keep the stress off the axle and brackets, hence a great deal of separation. Ideally I was shooting for 10-12 inches of separation on the axle (25% of tire size) but had to make a bit of adjustment due to frame side upper mount location.

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
The lower IC being where it is should give you nice stable handling. That's where I set mine and it works very well. I set my separation at 10 inches even though I'll probably never see 40's. Yeah upper link setup is a pita, no doubt about that. I just said screw it and made a crossmember for the frame links. Got a nice double triangulation that way. Are you getting much lift in the rear with that anti squat?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I not getting any lift. I am sure if she wasn't such a heavy rig I would. Just a nice forward motion out of it. I can adjust a few things if I don't like the way it handles off road.

·
Whiskey for my men...
4,100 Posts
Yeah, I wondered how the weight would affect rear lift. Your A arm mount is adjustable so you should have a fair amount of adjustment on the AS. I've been running my AS at about 60 percent. Gives me nice neutral behavior. Probably will only go higher than that if I were to spend time in Moab or some such place. 80 percent would be preferable if I were doing a lot of steep climbs but overall I like the neutral handling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts