Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 wrangler that has been leaking for a few months. I cleaned it up and monitored it for a few days and I am ruling out the oil pan as the problem. It stays dry. I think it's the RMS. One shop has quoted me $750 for the repair. Just want some input from fellow jeep owners if you all believe this is a fair price.
Here's what it looks like. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
For a RMS, that's sounds about right. The transfer case and transmission has to come out, not an easy job. Check from the top and make sure it's not the oil cooler housing up higher.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
For a RMS, that's sounds about right. The transfer case and transmission has to come out, not an easy job. Check from the top and make sure it's not the oil cooler housing up higher.
This is good advice. On my 2014 I had oil dripping and the dealer said it was the RMS. It turned out to be the oil cooler on top which is known to fail on the JKs. I was able to stick a rag down in near the oil cooler and get a oily rag back which confirmed the oil cooler.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 2015 wrangler that has been leaking for a few months. I cleaned it up and monitored it for a few days and I am ruling out the oil pan as the problem. It stays dry. I think it's the RMS. One shop has quoted me $750 for the repair. Just want some input from fellow jeep owners if you all believe this is a fair price.
Here's what it looks like. Thanks. View attachment 4485296
Curious, how many miles?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts