Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a rubber mat that will cover the whole rear area with the rear seat removed. Does anyone know of one that will fit? I have weathertech mats in the front but not sure if their rear one is for when the seat is removed. Any help greatly appreciated.
I have a 2005 TJ X

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you find one, let me know. I've been hunting one for a while. All the ones I've looked at didn't cover that space when the rear seat is out.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Quadratec sells one that covers behind the back seat, and, in front of the back seat, but not over the area occupied by the back seat.

If you have to cover it all, you can buy rolls of vinyl mat, or, heavy duty furniture (moving) mats from McMaster Carr for real cheap. I got a huge moving mat for $30 and it cover 100% of the rear area even up the sides and it does not move one bit when my dog is running around back there.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Rubber truck bed mat. Cut it to fit. Works great. Enough to do a couple. Get a buddy to share the cost if you have to buy new.

I used a thick mat from a used pickup I bought. It had pieces removed for a 5th wheel hitch, and I don't have a 5th wheel. I cut around the seat mounts and can still use the rear bench if I need to. Enough leftover for my buddy's JKU. Free!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
^wont cover entire area.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not sure of the measurements of the bed, but amazon has some 3x5' rubber mats for around $35. Should be close.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I believe it is 3'x3' without the seat. I bough a strip of cheap runner carpet from menards. made floor mats out of it with the extra.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you have a tractor supply close, they sell rubber mat in bulk. I paid $17 for a piece to make rear floor mats plus a cover for the entire cargo area. Also, it's thin enough it works with the back seat in or out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If I'm reading this right ur looking for the entire cargo area. We did my buddies with the horse stall mat. Got it on sale for $25. Works great for deadening sound as well.

·
Registered
418 Posts
image-2413396256.jpg

Finally got around to cutting my mat today. I got this 1/2" thick stall mat from Tractor Supply for $20 plus tax. I used a t square and utility knife, and I had it done in no time. It's not the straightest of cuts especially around the loops I cut around, but it suits me fine. I just put it over my carpet so hopefully it will last a long time.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
^that is a nicely done mat.....I see it does not cover the sides of the tub, those of us with wet, muddy, shedding dogs also need to have the tub sides covered (and even a portion of the seat backs).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts