Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear driver's window won't go down in my '15 JKU. If I put a meter on it, I get 12V when either switch (front or rear) in the up position, but when I put it down, I get nothing. All of the other windows are operating properly.

I bought a new motor. That's when I realized up still works in the up position

Any thoughts on why down doesn't work on just one window?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
May be a dumb question. But is seated down into the wiring harness all the way. Had the same thing happen to me. Once I disconnected and reconnected it magically started working again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May be a dumb question. But is seated down into the wiring harness all the way. Had the same thing happen to me. Once I disconnected and reconnected it magically started working again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it is seated. I've unplugged it and replugged it in a few times. I even bought a new motor and got the same results. I'm not getting 12V from the wiring harness when I put it in the down position.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
You need to pop out the rear window switch module and test the wires coming out of there and going to the rear left window. Look up back probing the wire connector on how to tap into it while it's plugged in. If you get 12v coming out in the down position then you have a break somewhere between the door motor and the switch. If you don't have 12v coming out in the down position, suspect the rear switch module.

Will the driver rear window go down when you use the switch in the front window switch pod?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts