Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick Question. My front passenger seat belt re-winder got stepped on and the internals exploded out of it when the cover broke. (The steel balls that lock the belt during an impact)

I removed the rear seat a while ago and also removed the rear belts. I stuck them up in the back of the attic and figured id ask before i dig them out. Will the rear seat belt bolt in and replace the front? Or do i have to buy another seat belt?

Thanks

·
Knows a couple things...
49,411 Posts
It seems they are the same though it has been years since I've seen my rear seat belts.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gave it a shot yesterday. It works! They are not the exact part but they are a direct fit onto the roll bar. The only extra step is to remove the cover on the re-winder on the rear belt and then it will bolt up. Only one rivet needs to be drilled out to remove the cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another note, the rear belts are slightly shorter probably due to the re-winder being mounted higher up in the rear. If you sit really far forward or have a massive gut it may get a little tight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts