Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2012 JK and I have a 90lb Lab/Pointer mix. My question is when the back seats are down, there is a large gap in the floor. I'm worried he will get his leg stuck in the gap.

Has anyone run across anything to cover it? The rear seat is so small he can't lay down, and the rear area is kind of small. He loves the head out the window. ears and lips flapping in the breeze.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I have the dirty dog cover and it works we'll and very simple. Would be easy to make but for me it's worth the money.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I was going to order the Dirty Dog Trench cover and I don't even have a dog. Now I just use a piece of cardboard and a black towel to cover the trench.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Is the dirty dog a solid piece, or is it just the carpet? It is hard to tell from the pics.

I like the home made ones because i can make them with a solid piece of thin plywood, but if there is one out there to buy for $75, it would be worth it for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Bought a heavy rubber doormat from Home Depot. Covers most of the cargo area including the gap in my JKU.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Is the dirty dog a solid piece, or is it just the carpet? It is hard to tell from the pics.

I like the home made ones because i can make them with a solid piece of thin plywood, but if there is one out there to buy for $75, it would be worth it for me.

Thanks
they are pretty rigid. they are a stiff piece of plastic material covered by fabric. they are a simple design but work well. I bought mine for sleeping in the back but have since gotten a pup lol. They are non obtrusive when you have your seats in upright position. they install with Velcro and you never now they are there otherwise

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks for the pics. So they only way they secure to the seat/trunk is velcro? Like just straight velcro to the existing carpet?

Also, do they attach to the seat backs or the trunk floor?

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
yes just Velcro sewen on the dirty dog panel and they attach to the seat back carpet.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I made my own. I have a thread on here for it. Just search 4 door trench cover

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great info guys.

I have the skills to build one, but living in a apartment it's hard to do.

Think I will just get the Dirty Dog one.

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I found northridge4x4 had best price with forum discount

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Dogs are smarter than you think. They will just step over it. I have a chocolate lab and she has never had a problem with the gap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts