Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
On my JK you just press the button and they slide right out. Easy to remove, easy to replace. I can't see why it would be any different with a JKU.

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts
There is a metal tab that at the bottom of the headrest.
If you are permanently removing, look at removing the spring instead.
The metal bars are part of the seat back assembly.

·
Super Moderator
22,066 Posts
4 doors are a pain and not meant to be removed. 2 doors are easy and completely different than the 4 doors.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I want to remove my rear seat headrests on a 2014 4dr, is it very difficult?

It’s a pain. You have to take the cover off the seats to get to the bolts that hold the spring and bar assembly in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
You didn't state why you wanted to remove the rear headrests. For me I just wanted to be able to see out the back better, so I disengaged the springs like in the video, so it'd be reversible. Glad I did. My new tire carrier and spare completely block the rear window. I had to install a rear camera and new rearview mirror to reclaim the lost visibility. Now I can just re-engage the springs.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I agree. I also did the headrest mod and the increase in rear visibility is amazing!

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
So, are the cable ties on the headrest springs simply there for you to grab and pull if you want to put the spring back in its original position?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 Two door rear headrest removal

I don't know how many responses I looked at for this, but ended up doing it on my own and it was easy.

Both rear headrests have two buttons on the driver side of each of the four buttons (in total). Push the two buttons at once and you will hear a release sound, then simply pull up and its out. No springs, no tie straps. Just press and release.

Do the same on the other side and voila, done!

Bill R

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,812 Posts
I don't know how many responses I looked at for this, but ended up doing it on my own and it was easy.

Both rear headrests have two buttons on the driver side of each of the four buttons (in total). Push the two buttons at once and you will hear a release sound, then simply pull up and its out. No springs, no tie straps. Just press and release.

Do the same on the other side and voila, done!

Bill R
Welcome to the Forum.

Yes, that works on the two door, but the 4 door is different.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The four door is totally different than the two door. The four door doesn't have buttons to adjust or remove the headrests.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts