Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a large German Shepherd that I take everywhere with me. She sheds like crazy so I always tumble the rear seat forward. Only problem is when I perform a hill start, the rear seat always unfolds and lands on my dog. Is this normal? Anyone have a clever fix for this besides tying it up?

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
You figured it out- get a strap, and tie it down. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. We had the same issue with our 2-doors and our dog- Mark W.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
mcaffrey55 said:
I have a large German Shepherd that I take everywhere with me. She sheds like crazy so I always tumble the rear seat forward. Only problem is when I perform a hill start, the rear seat always unfolds and lands on my dog. Is this normal? Anyone have a clever fix for this besides tying it up?
If you push the headrest up as high as they go on the backseat then fold it up and make sure the passenger seat is back you should have no issues with it flying back up

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
remove said rear seat. my dog HARLEY loves all the extra room. i covered the exposed studs with silicone and laid some plush carpet in there for him.

best part, no riders. hay wanna take me for a ride , sorry no back seat.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I took the seat out too. Bruno sheds so bad I haven't let him ride in it yet. I'm waiting to buy a cargo mat for the back that has 2inch side wall that will hopefully keep his hair just in the mat and not everywhere else.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a German Shepherd, Lab, Akita mix and he loves the back. I took the rear seat headrests off, and folded seat all the way up. A bungee cord works great to hold it in place with no issues. To keep the shedding down he get a nice comfy blanket back there to sit on! Still have to work on the slobber issue though!

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love to drive and don't mind the passengers so I guess a tie down is the answer. @greenenvy....good luck with that caro mat. Haha. It' ll never work. One crack of the window and you'll have a hair tornado back There. Lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
I just let my dog shed all over the Jeep. It vacuums right out. He likes to move between the front and rear seats anyway. My center console is already crazy scratched up from his claws. I know the Chrysler product testing doesn't include dogs claws, but the center armrest top scratches way too easy in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Does it have a rear seat? Oh yea I think there is something like that in my storage building

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i've got a 4dr and we put the back seat down and our golden ret. loves it. after a week i have to go back there with an industrial size lint roller to get the hair out. about 1hr worth of rolling. love the dog he loves the jeep

·
Registered
488 Posts
john's ct jeep said:
i've got a 4dr and we put the back seat down and our golden ret. loves it. after a week i have to go back there with an industrial size lint roller to get the hair out. about 1hr worth of rolling. love the dog he loves the jeep
They made a great thing called a shop vac :) works wonders with my bulldogs little fine short hair that gets stuck IN the fabric and a roller won't get it out haha =P

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah Bruno is a pitbull and he has those tiny hairs that get into everything and poke you lol. I'm no stranger to the shop vac.

·
Registered
488 Posts
greenenvy said:
Yeah Bruno is a pitbull and he has those tiny hairs that get into everything and poke you lol. I'm no stranger to the shop vac.
Haha yes!! Those hairs are sooo annoying! Haha

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a buddy that removed his rear seat and built a raised platform with carpet for his dog to lay on. It's about the level of what the seat bottom used to be. He uses the space under the platform for storage. The whole thing can be removed and the seat reinstalled if needed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i just bought an 07 4dr and the guy that owned it before me had a black lab... i swear, there is hair in the fabic, under the carpet, and in the dash (removed the radio to find tons of it). i guess i need to get a lab to add to whats already there..:)..!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts