Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok may be a dumb question, i did a search and found nothing.

so i have an '01 TJ and was curious if anyone had re located the rear seat back about 4"?

is this safe? doable?

·
Show Me Your 8008135!
3,690 Posts
I can't remember without looking at it...but I think you might run into problems with them either hitting their heads on the roll bars or their heads sitting up higher than the bars. Both are a safety concern.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Agreed take it out :) I've got a rugged ridge seat I'll sell for the right price :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Should be easy to check-out: take the rear seat out, and then measure back 4" from the bolt-holes on the floor and the latch brackets mounted on the fenderwells and see if they (the new holes you would have to drill) interfere with anything. If not, go for it and see what happens. And let us know how it went. You'll gain some legroom for your rear passengers, and lose some of the already small amount of storage space behind the rear seat.

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Keep in mind any modification to the seat and/or seat belts may make your insurance null.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Probably a dumb- but somewhat related- question that I've been wondering about for awhile.

Has anyone ever made (or does someone produce) a single seat for the back?

Seems like that would give you a little of both worlds- the ability for someone to ride back there, and a little more storage space.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts