Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newish owner, stupid question - Is there a quick release of some sort for rear reat removal in a 2000 TJ or does it have to be unbolted from the frame? No instructions in the owners manual for seat removal, but I know later models have a qucik release of some sort.

If you do have to unbolt it, does it bolt straight to the frame or is there a nut/washer on the bottom side that I can't see / feel? Is it pain to rebolt it in?

Need to get it out of the way to carry enough gear for friends flying in from Oregon to meet me at Road Atlanta this weekend.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If its like my 97 sport. Just fold it fwd and move it left or right and should slide out of the frame holders. Should just be a small rod sticking out of the sides. If u want the small frames out just unbolt them it's screwed into the body I believe

·
Registered
120 Posts
There should be a clip on both sides of the "rod" mentioned above. They are on the inside of the of the mounts that are attached to the tub. Pull one clip out and then slide the entire seat out of the mounts. Its about a 1 second job, real easy.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
no instructions in your 2000 Owner's Manual? My 2002 manual has very specific instructions with illustrations. As was said above, flip it forward, look down at the base you will see a rod on each side of the seat frame, just pull the lock pins out, slide the rod in and move the seat left-right and lift it out, no tools needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all - thats easier than I expected!

Nope, no instructions in the 2000 owners manual reprint I ordered on-line. No mention or description of it in the Haynes manual either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts